Statistics - Reporting regulations
|Danmarks Nationalbank has drawn up reporting regulations for all statistics in order to ensure uniform reporting and thereby statistics of the highest possible quality.|
The regulations determine and describe conditions and requirements in relation to Danmarks Nationalbank's compilation of statistical information. A regulation will usually include:
- Authority to compile the statistics
- Definition of respondents (entities with reporting obligations)
- Frequency of and deadlines for submitting information
- Description of the content and structure of reports, including:
- Specification of the information to be reported
- Principles for compilation and valuation
- Level of statistical detail (breakdown by instrument, sector, term to maturity, currency, etc.)
- Description of reporting forms
- Provisions relating to corrective reporting in case of errors or omissions
- Code lists (e.g. sector classifications, country and currency codes)
- Supplementary definitions and interpretations.
The reporting regulations are revised as required. Respondents and relevant professional organisations are normally involved in this work to ensure a common understanding of the data to be reported.
Danmarks Nationalbank aims to compile the information required from respondents into a small number of integrated reports. It is also important to ensure that the data received can be applied in various contexts on the basis of the same definitions.